Built by American Car Company of St Louis Missouri in 1919 and delivered to Fort Collins Municipal Railway as Car 22.
Fort Collins stopped streetcar service in 1951, it was the last city to operate Birney Safety cars. The Rocky Mountain Railroad Club purchased the car in 1952 and moved it for display at the Golden Colorado Museum.
In 1994 PPHSRF signed a long term lease for two streetcars, Birney #22 was one of them. The cars arrived at the Roswell Carhouse in December of that year and restoration started soon after. In July 2006 the foundation was able to negotiate the purchase of both streetcars from the railroad club.
Birney 135 is shown here operating for the first time since being retired in 1951 by Fort Collins Municipal Railway.
Our congratulations to John Cusack, John Weed, Wayne Russert, and the many others whose hard work made it happen!”
Copyright © 2023 Pikes Peak Historical Street Railway - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy